Offline Marketing Builds Sales
Sales people understand the important of “sales tools” in cold calling, maintaining customer relationships, and the follow-up process. Jeffrey Gitomer’s Sales Bible: The Ultimate Sales Resource: Including The 10.5 Commandments of Sales Success, a highly recommended book for any small business owner, says this:
By creating unusual sales tools and using the ordinary tools effectively, your sales will increase significantly. Defined as an aid or prop in the selling process, sales tools can be a tremendous boost to productivity, especially if several follow-ups are needed to make the sale. Sales tools build sales . . . if you use ’em. (The Sales Bible, p. 194)
He goes on to suggest several sales tools. You can drop these off, fax, or send them in the mail. Some of his ideas include:
- a handwritten note on a personalized greeting card, imprinted with your company name and logo
- a package of letters from satisfied customers (testimonials, case studies)
- a photocopied article that you think might help your customer in his or her business
- a videotape of your product or service (OK, the book is a little old, but the content is timeless . . . a CD of product videos is more up-to-date, or better yet, a mini card with a custom QR code linking to your company’s Youtube channel featuring product videos)
- an invitation to visit your facility (try printing this on a gorgeous cardstock that is sure to WOW)
- an “Ad Specialty . . . Small, useful (Post-it Note pad, coffee mug, T-shirt), or unusual item that will be used, seen, or talked about” (Contact us about our unique personalized giveaways!)
- . . . and more! (Jeffrey Gitomer’s Sales Bible: The Ultimate Sales Resource: Including The 10.5 Commandments of Sales Success is a must-read in our opinion.)
What Image Do You Leave Behind?
In our personal experience working with salespeople in various industries, we have learned that customers like to have something to remember you by. Perhaps they don’t need your product or service now, but want to keep you on file for when they do need you in the future. Purchasing agents, for example, habitually keep brochures and business cards in file folders until they are in need of a specific product. All the brochures are put on the desk, compared, and decisions are made.
Do your printed marketing materials stand out next to your competitor’s? Are they professional-looking? Does your content sell your product with effective sales-speak or does it bore your prospect to sleep? Does your logo reveal your company’s unique image or does it look like a stock image from a template? Your company’s brand and image is portrayed through your marketing materials. An effective marketing strategy can bring your “sales tools” to the top of the pile.
A Lasting Impression that Sells
We can help your business stand out with marketing materials that sell. We design logos, graphics, and page layout for print of all kinds. We also write content that sells. If you are looking for something really different, you have come to the right place. Call us at 250-317-1360 to discuss your unique printing needs.
We print logos, images, and more on
- unique giveaways
- business cards
- flyers and brochures
- custom forms and slips
- greeting cards
- trade show roll-up banners
- presentation folders
- stickers and labels
- and more!
We ship anywhere in Canada and the US!
Through our sister site Terrific! Prints, we are able to offer high quality off-set and digital printing at very competitive prices. We offer terrific price discounts on a range of products every month.
See this month’s specials here. To be notified of these specials, join our email list or follow us on Twitter.
Contact us to discuss your printing needs. We will meet with you in person (in Kelowna and surrounding areas) or discuss with you by phone. Contact us today!