How We Work with You to Craft an Effective Website:
Step 1: Initial Consultation
- We meet with you face-to-face either at your office or through Skype to discuss your business goals. We put on our investigative hats and ask you about your business so we can understand where you are in your marketing. We want to know who you are, what you do, why you do it, when you started, where you sell your products and services, and your market reach. We also want to know how you fulfill your products and services. Every business is unique, and the more we understand about you, the better we can help you reach your marketing goals.
- Set up a timeline. Depending on the amount of content to be created, most websites can be finished within 2 weeks.
- Discuss future maintenance of the website and a social marketing plan.
- Get you a domain name and hosting, if needed. Discuss the use of Aweber as an email autoresponder to grow and keep in touch with your customer list.
Step 2: Collect, Write, and Organize Content
- Now that we’ve discussed the key marketing points of your business in Step 1, we begin to create and collect content in Step 2. At this stage, we will look at the products and services you are selling and list them out.
- Then we will break down the features and benefits of each, discuss keywords, and write some products and services descriptions.
- We can collect images, take photos, and really get a handle on the content that you want to put on your website. If you need help writing content or taking photos, we will help with that, too!
Step 3: Define the Site Architecture
At this stage of the web design process, we like to step back a bit from the details of the content and look at the website as a whole (the “forest” for the “trees”). Whether you have a little bit of content or a lot, the content will be organized so users can navigate through your website easily. The website’s structure must be easily “crawlable” by search engine spiders.
- Create a sitemap so you can see how users navigate through the site
- Outline the content that will go on each page
- Basic wireframe of your website’s home page
Step 4: Design the Look and Feel
- Now that we have the bones of your site, we will draft up some designs. We use WordPress and premium customizable themes for our websites, so we can create a site unique to your business.
- Your feedback is important. After discussing the look and feel with you so far, we refine the designs to suit.
- Some graphic design work, such as photo manipulation and banner designs, is also decided upon at this stage.
Step 5: Build the Site
- With the site architecture and the design elements in place, we start to build the website.
- We use a basic SEO plugin to monitor the search engine optimization of the pages as they are built into the site. In addition to this, we follow a very comprehensive SEO checklist to make sure that your website is optimized.
- Blogs and news pages are set up so that you can maintain those pages yourself if you wish.
- Your feedback is important. All changes are made before the site is tested.
Step 6: Test, Refine, Test Again, Go Live!
- Following an extensive checklist, we test the site to make sure it works as it should.
- We fix any problems that arose during testing, and refine the website.
- Once your website is perfect, we configure the hosting so your website is ready to . . .
- Go Live!
Step 7: Plan for the Future
- We provide training so you can update your website pages yourself, if you choose.
- If you prefer to have us update your website, we will maintain your site for you.
- We will introduce you to Aweber email autoresponder (optional).
- We leave you with a social media strategy to get you started.
- You’re live! Go celebrate!